Sunday, June 15, 2008

Epic Journey Saga Takes Years To Write.

Another week goes by and I find myself again all wrapped up in what I thought would be a simple post. I was inspired this week by a flitter of e-mails back and forth between myself and one of my dear friends. My friend became my friend while we were playing pool in leagues. Some of my very best friends are people I met in the pool halls where I spent a good deal of a certain ten years of my life.

My friend and I were communicating back and forth about the challenges of family, and the balance necessary for a life well lived. My friend had some really wise words for me and it got me thinking about the relationships I built across many a nine foot table. I decided it was time to tell the story of my adventures in 9-ball and pool halls, and the story of these people I hold so close to my heart.

I began writing and found myself re-living a long journey. A journey that is so much a part of who I am, that it has to be told as a long story of meandering through lessons that apply not only to pool, but to life. Ive been working on it for hours now, and I can see it's going to take a while longer. Meanwhile, I'm getting bloggers butt and typers elbow, so I don't think I will finish today.

I hope your week gets off to a great start, and if you check back later in the week I think you will find an epic journey story that is worth the time it takes to read.

Thanks for reading and hey, enjoy today!

No comments: